Happy and Healthy New Year 2020!
Here we are at the doorstep of a new decade. What this new and exciting time will bring into our lives? What plans and resolutions do you have for the forthcoming months?
If you are like me and like to start things ‘from the 1st…’ or ‘from Monday’, then this post is for you! I have put together some ideas that may help you start investing in your health.
For the best outcome, it’s good to keep things simple and manageable. Choose a couple of things from the following options; start with those that are the easiest for you to keep to. Incorporate them gradually into your life, find your own pace and most of all – enjoy the process of upgrading your health!
- Have a green smoothie three times a week. They are a great way to easily introduce a wealth of nutrition to your diet.
- Gradually decrease the amount of sugar you take in your tea and coffee – aim at zero sugar by the end of June.
- Swap your usual pack of crisps for a handful of walnuts.
- Eat an organic apple every day – they are widely available at affordable prices.
- Swap one of your daily coffees for a cup of green tea with lemon. If you don’t like green tea, try white tea or a herbal tea like peppermint, camomile, hibiscus tea, ginger tea or lemon balm tea. There are lots to choose from!
- Swap white pasta and white bread for wholemeal options – they are available in all supermarkets. They take longer to cook but the benefit of the extra fibre in your diet is invaluable. And if you feel really adventurous, why not trying a lentil or chickpea pasta.
- Meditate 10 minutes before bedtime – it will calm down your mind, put your body into parasympathetic mode and allow you the best start to the restorative sleep.
- Try a new vegetable every week – explore your local grocers and be bold! Variety is necessary to provide your body with the most complete set of nutrients to support your wellbeing.
- Aim for 10K steps every day to support your cardiovascular health, stabilise your blood sugar levels and invigorate your brain.
If you are interested in finding out more information about the above ideas, please add a comment below and I will do my best to explain further.